Most people that ride the park have a certain type of music that they enjoy pounding into their brains while they shred. There seems to be a clear divide between those that listen to hip hop and those who ride to punk or metal. Then there's the slowly emerging subset of riders who prefer synths and drum loops electronically mashed into a delicious electro-pop concoction. Personally, there are a bunch of tracks that I NEED when I ride. So, without further ado, my top 10 throw down tunes, in no particular order. Trust me, it was hard to narrow it down to just 10.
1. Crimewave - Crystal Castles vs. HEALTH mix
2. Disciple - Nas
3. Roll on Out - Zion I ft. Mac Dre
4. Silhouette - Thrice
5. Composure - August Burns Red
6. Translating the Name - Saosin
7. Ohio All Stars - Hi-Tek ft. Cross, Showtime, Mann and Chip The Rippa
8. Destroy Everything You Touch - Ladytron
9. Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis
10. Little Weapon -Lupe Fiasco ft. Bishop G and Nikki Jean
What I want to know is what hypes you up when you ride? I'm always looking for more tunes for my collection. Let me know who you're reppin' and what you think of the above tunes. I'm also going to post up a Holiday version of this list, in case you want some unconventional Christmas music to rock this next week.
Lastly, ever wonder what that song was from the boarding video you watched or what the pro's are listening to? You can thank me later.